Xia and I are hosting a month long Food and Clothes Drive with 100% proceeds benefiting the Battered Women's Shelter through Family Violence Prevention Services.
And here's how it all got started...
After dropping off a bag of used clothes and shoes to the shelters donation station this morning, I felt compelled to do more. The women working there were so gracious and grateful for the 1 bag I dropped off. Something inside of me as a mommy and a woman, made me want to put on this drive. Xia and I are blessed to have a loving father and husband, a lovely home, plenty of food, toys, and clothes.
We are collecting food items such, as: spaghetti sauce, peanut butter, canned vegetables, canned soup, boxed pasta, boxed desserts, and canned meat. Also, we are accepting used women's, boys, and girls clothes, shoes, linens, and more... So far we have quite a few friends and family that are participating! We are so excited to see how much we can collect and donate collectively.
I don't ever want to hurry through life doing things by myself because it's easier (although it's in my type A personality to do so!). I want to incorporate Xia into much of what Oscar and I do. I want her to be raised in an environment of serving and giving. That's what makes the world go around. She has no idea that we're collecting items for the less fortunate, she won't remember this, but year after year of giving, she will. Our hope for her is that this is the beginning of a life style for her.
Here's to giving, sharing, serving, and providing hope:)
No comments:
Post a Comment