Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Wkend 2011 @ the Lake

We had been looking forward to Memorial weekend since April!! I had been counting down the days for Memorial Wkend for several reasons...
  1.  Oscar and I had our very first date 6 years ago on Memorial wkend
  2. We were invited to our friends lake home for the long weekend 
  3. Xia was old enough to enjoy the experience and had a friend her very own age!
We got there Friday and stayed until Monday evening. It was so nice to visit with so many of our friends and get caught up with them.
Xia woke up in the middle of the night the first night, but slept through the night the last 2 nights we were there. That in itself was MAJOR! She is also teething right now, so I have to give her mad props for doing as well as she did:)
We even got some workouts in! I walked Saturday morning with Rhonda and ran Sunday morning alone. Towards the end of the run on Sunday I jumped into the lake clothes on and all (I took my shoes off!). It felt so good! Considering that my mini tri is less than a week away, I needed to experience it, not to mention (again) that it felt oh.so.good after a mid morning run in TX heat.
The water felt GREAT! Not too cold, but extremely refreshing. It was super windy, so we weren't able to go water skiing (my absolute favorite!) over the wkend, but we were able to sit on the grassy knoll and watch the kids as they swam and fished. It was soooo nice and relaxing:)

Xia LOVED the rubber horse swing (below). She wouldn't sit still to enjoy the grassy hill or play with her friend, Caitlyn, or even play in the water... she HAD to walk the distance to the swing! She'd walk down the shady, grassy hill, past the sand, past the water to get to this swing. She kept us busy going back and forth:)



Having a blast on the swing!
 Caitlyn referred to Xia as "baby", even though they are only 2 months apart! She insisted on feeding Xia and Xia gladly accepted:) Normally Xia's the one feeding the other kids her age!!! Too funny/cute:)

 Chill time w/ Dad

 Xia loves couches. She's such a big girl...and sleepy here!

 We treated these two girls as twins! They shared baths, food, and more... love it!

 Towards the end of the boat trip on Monday, Xia finally warmed up to the Lake! Any water that 
 splashed up on her made her scream! One day, she'll appreciate it... I hope! Oscar and I love water.

 That's my sweet, sweet girl!

 precious smile:)

Thanks to Rhonda for asking to take a family picture! 
I have the most amazing family in the entire world:)

No comments: