This past Friday night, my Mom offered to babysit Xia Bliss and give Oscar and I a much needed date night. THANK YOU, MOM!!! Boy, did we cram a lot in and make the most of our night out!
First up for the evening we decided to get a workout in and ride our bikes! Oscar gave me a real nice bike last year for my birthday, but soon after I got pregnant and was unable to ride. Ever since we started dating, we have always worked out together. We would go to the gym and do classes together, go hiking together, jog together, etc. However, since XBG has come along, it has been difficult to get in a good, long, quality workout in like the "old days"! So, we got our bikes out and rode to Hardberger Park (roughly a mile away from our house). We hit some of the trails within the park, then rode the paved trail to the end and continued to off road. Whoa, was it a great workout! We rode for 2 hours!
Next up... dinner and drinks! We went to one of our more favorite, casual places, Habanero Grill, for some great tacos and beer. We went to the Rim location and caught the fire work show from Fiesta Texas! After a great dinner with quality conversation, we headed to Mulligans and played several rounds of cricket! I love playing darts... although I totally lost every game! I felt like this date night we were really able to relax and enjoy each others company. On past date nights since Xia's birth, we went to events with friends, so this date night was special because it was all about us two enjoying each others company like old times. I love you, Oscar - Can't wait for next date night with you!

No comments:
Post a Comment