Oscar and I competed in our last race before the Rock N Roll marathon. Wow - this has been a long, but worth it, journey!
 |
| Ready to run! Pre-race photo |
It was very successful. I ran the half in 1:53:03. I didn't place, but I met/succeeded my goals. Oscar did great and placed 2nd in his age category in the 10k. To read the whole story, go to my training blog:
http://eighteenweeks.blogspot.com/2011/10/tx-medclinic-half-marathon.html
 |
| About to cross that finish line - victory! |
 |
| posing with my finishers medal |
|
|
I finished with an 8:37 pace and in 1:53:03, I was the 9th women to finish overall, and finished 5th in my age group (my age group seemed to be competitive! 5 out of the top 9 women were in my age category, 25-29).
This marked #2 competitive half marathon. While I've run long distances lately, they have all been on my own. Last half marathon I competed in was the SA Rock 'N' Roll last November (2010). I finished in 2:05:? In one year I knocked off 12 minutes off my time. AWESOME!!
No comments:
Post a Comment