We have been looking forward to the Gruene 10k (6.2 miles) for a couple months now. We had several friends coming with us from San Antonio, a day planned in Gruene, my mom to babysit Xia, etc. We were ready to exercise and party!
Gruene 10k stats: - Finished in 48:52 / 7:52 pace
- Finished # 6 out of 70 in my age category
- Finished #15 female out of over 300
- Finished #62 overall out of 620 runners
 |
| Catherine, myself, and Vonna - post race |
 |
| Our group - L to R - Deb and Joe Lynch, me and Oscar, Jeremy and Catherine Martin, Vonna Purtell, and Jeremy's brother, John |
|
 |
| Oscar's and mine cheer squad - Kara (sister), Preston and Hannah (cousin and fiance). They had decorated t-shrits and everything! |
 |
| Oscar and I - post race party |
After the 10k and post race festivities, we headed to one of the wineries in Gruene for some wine tasting. It was fabulous. We had a great time visiting and celebrating our accomplishments:) The rest of the group is outside on the patio. Forgot to get a picture of them...oooppps!! After wine tasting, we went to Gristmill for lunch... yummy! Oscar and i split their delicious ribs. I think I consumed more calories than I burned that day!
 |
| Wine tasting - Kara, Cat, Preston, Jeremy, me, Hannah, and Chelsea |
No comments:
Post a Comment