The weekend of August 20th, Oscar, Xia & I headed to Marble Falls, TX for my Sunday triathlon. We stayed at our friends lake house - how convenient is that?! - and relaxed all weekend at the lake.
We arrived on Saturday early afternoon and headed to the lake. Xia had a marvelous time playing on the shore and in the water. I had a very relaxing time soaking up the sun. There was no one at the water, so we had our own private beach! Oscar brought his boom box, so we had tunes the whole time:)
Sunday morning, I woke up at 445am, ate breakfast, got dressed, sun-screened up, and left about 520am to do my triathlon. I left Oscar and Xia back at the lake house so they could sleep in. I knew they were there with me in spirit:)
I arrived at Camp Champions for the Sweet and Twisted Triathlon ready to go!
 |
| my transition area |
 |
| ready to go! |
I had a great experience and met up with some San Antonio friends. I finished the 500m swim (9:58), 14 mile bike ride (58.06/14.46 pace), and 2.5mile run (18:40/7:28 pace) in 1:29:44. I finished 6th in my age group (out of 20) and 62 overall (out of 170+).You can read more about my experience on my training blog,
eighteen weeks.
 |
| out of breath, but happy to be FINISHED!! |
 |
| faith, michelle, me, nina, and marley - my new tri friends! |
Sunday, we relaxed again at the lake. It was so nice.
 |
| daddy and xia ... she loved this! |
 |
| family fun time at the lake:) |
 |
| sweet, sweet picture:) |
We stopped on the way home at Beefy's for dinner...check out my little half pint ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment