Thursday, August 25, 2011

1 yr Anniversary of (serious) Running

I've always run off and on to stay in shape. 
I ran in college with my running club, but not consistently. I ran a few 5ks and 10ks with my group and had a great time - it was social. 
I ran to lose weight in 2005 but only kept it up for about 6 months. In 2006 I became a gym rat. I would run- sometimes, but never consistently. I'd only keep it up for a few months, then slack, then a pick it back up, then stop again, and never long distances. 
After Xia was born I was without a gym pass and with a jogging stroller. Late July/early Aug of 2010, I started running. The last of the pregnancy finally fell off while my passion for running grew. I registered for the SA RNR half marathon in Nov.2010 and the rest is history!
So although I ran off and on before, this is the longest period of time I have run consistently, passionately, and challenge myself with new heights.
My running journey over the past year

No comments: