Sunday, July 17, 2011

Marathon Training - wk one down!

So, I started my marathon training this past week. It's an 18 wk program, so I'm looking at another 17 more to go! So far, so good. I'm blogging about it so it can all be documented in one place. Check it out! http://eighteenweeks.blogspot.com/

I am incorporating sprint and mini tris, 5ks, 15ks, 1/2 marathons, etc into my training program. I'm excited to see how it's all going to turn out. Hopefully with me finishing the marathon in a respectable time & looking fit, chiseled, and super healthy:)

A huge confidence booster happened in the form of  placing 2nd, in my age category, yesterday at the SARR Women's 5k run! I was super happy! I ran it in 24:34 (7:55 average). I placed 2nd in my age category & 20th overall out of over 500 runners. Very satisfied:)

* I just noticed I'm wearing the same shirt when I placed 2nd @ the culinaria 5k back in May!! LOL! It must be good luck:)

Deb & I pre race

Saretta, Kira, me & Deb after crossing the finish line
Had to get a picture w/ Beamer from News 4!!

I placed 2nd!!!


2nd & 3rd place receiving our medals!

2 comments:

Cavazos Family said...

YEAH Annah!!! That is super fabulous!!! you are an inspiration!!!

Cavazos Family said...

and not only did you get 2nd in your age group.....you came in 20th overall!!!! Good job Annah!!!!