Xia Bliss turned 11 months yesterday on the 3rd. I'm in tears, happy and sad, just typing this post. She is my everything! I'm so grateful and blessed that she is our daughter. Everyday, good or rough, I go to bed so satisfied, amazed, and happy that our little girl is healthy, sweet, and all ours! She is a very happy baby and smiles at us all the time and chatters up a storm!
Bittersweet describes my party planning efforts for her one year birthday in just one short month. It's going to be a sweet celebration of love, live, and all things Xia Bliss:). But, I am oh so blessed to be able to plan our baby's one year party. I think of parents that do not get to see their babies grow to reach one, so I'm wiping my tears and putting a smile on because this is a happy time!
Little Xia is still in love with her HBO tv show, A Little Curious. She also started enjoying I-Spy, also on HBO Family. TV is limited, but those 24 minute shows allow me to shower, so I am also
in love with those shows! They are sweet and are educationally themed.
Her menu has grown some and she enjoys yogurt with applesauce, big people oatmeal with applesauce and raisins and cinnamon, baby and big people spaghetti, brown rice and lentils (with veggies and applesauce), pineapple, cream cheese, beans and rice (she even enjoyed tamales over Christmas!), vegetarian breakfast sausage patties (Costco), couldn't live without bananas, and I'll stop here!! She's a little eating machine. She still nurses in the morning, at nap time, and at bed time. I'm so torn weather to continue to nurse after a year, if she insist, or to wean at one year.
She "talks" non-stop it seems like. She says "dad", "da-da" for the dog and Oscar, "ma-ma", her new word is "ba-ba" when it's bath time!! She says lots of other words, but most of them I haven't pin pointed. I think she says a lot of things, but I don't recognize them all. Some words she uses for multiple things.
We've been using the word "no" daily. She listens most of the time, but doesn't seem to want to leave the wires behind the tv alone! She deliberately throws food off her tray when she's done eating. I've tried the whole just saying "no", pat her hand and explaining "we don't throw food", and also running over to her and catching the food in my hand saying "good girl, give mommy your food"!! She does it so deliberately that I want to laugh, but it's so frustrating at the same time... You know how many cheerios I've stepped one or sweet potato chunks I've squashed under foot? You get the idea, my kitchen floor is constantly DIRTY!!
She is still crawling like a pro and boy is she fast! She still doesn't get how to use the walker toy I got her. I don't see walking in her immediate future - which is fine by me! She pulls up on everything and if she must take a step holding on to the couch to reach a toy (or the remote...boy she loves that thing!), she will. She plays well with her toys and books and it's so fun to see her "re-discover" toys! It's great!
Now that you've read this far!!...Here is the BIG NEWS...Xia is finally getting teeth!!! She has her two bottom teeth growing in. I didn't realize how long it takes for those teefers to come through. So, of course we've been dealing with the pain of teething. It's been manageable.
Love you Xia...Next month will be your 1 year old post and birthday party post! You're growing up to be a lovely baby girl!
2 comments:
she is such a sweet sweet little baby!!!
I loved the post, Annah! And, thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog :) They put a big smile on my face!
YAY for Xia's new teeth! I enjoyed this post so much and appreciate each thing you have to say about how Xia is the joy of your life. I'm amazed daily at how amazing motherhood truly is!
Post a Comment