These days my mind has been going a hundred miles per hour. Makes sense seeing that I'm 4 months pregnant, pondering about being a new mom, the baby's room decor, the labor process/pains and birthing classes I need to start looking into, starting my accounting II class next week, our 1 year anniversary plans, getting a good deal on a second vehicle, searching craigslist and the various baby stores for cribs, baby bedding, etc. I'm sure you get my drift! Last night, I finally had it! I am only human and can only do so much. So I have a plan: tackle one thing at a time and don't worry about what I CAN put off until tomorrow (ie - the baby's crib search). Sounds simple enough, right?! Well, let me just say that it is not!! Not for me atleast! When we were planning our wedding, last year, and things were hectic I posted Matthew 6:25-34 on my desk. Phrases in the passage refresh me and strenghten my desire to be worry free. "...[D]o not worry about your life", "...[c]an any of you by worrying add a single moment ot your life-span?", and the grand finale: "[b]ut seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you... [d]o not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care if itself...". AMEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment