Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Green and Yellow

Going green has been on my mind more and more these days. The more I think about it, see commercials, and see my belly grow and body change with baby Garcia, I know that I must do my part to save the beautiful Green earth that God has given us. We must keep it safe for our future families and the generations to follow. Right now, our focus has been on recycling (been personally doing so for 4+ yrs), using our trusty nalgene water bottles (going on 5 + years for me), using canvas/reusable grocery bags (if I can just remember every time I go to the grocery store to use them!), turning off ceiling fans, lights, etc when leaving the house, and also using a programmable thermostat. I have a lot more to learn on being green, but I know that one step at a time I will get there.

"Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow...".

The baby is the size of a yellow lemon today! Weighting approximately 1.5 ounces and about 3.4 inches in size! I am amazed each day by my changing body and belly growth. I am growing more attached to baby Garcia each day:). I am 14 weeks today and am looking forward to week 21 when we can find out the sex! A lot of things are on hold until we find out if baby Garcia is a boy or a girl - decor, clothes, bedding, etc. I am ready to start on the baby's quilt. Frogs / lizard theme if it's a boy, and not sure if it's a girl. Deep down inside we both believe we are going to have a boy. I don't know why - we just do!

No comments: